NB when office is referred to it means at: 4 Chapel Row, Bath BA1 1HN
When home storage is referred to it means at: 35 Richmond Heights, Bath BA1 5QJ
The data that is held
- Contact details (email, landline phone, mobile phone and address) for my clients and suppliers to use in the general running of projects
- Images, graphics, text and source files in connection with current and completed projects
- Customer text and content files such as addresses on company stationery etc
Storage of data
- Data is stored on an iMac hard disk (password access), Iomega backup hard drive and cloud storage on Dropbox and iCloud drive in shared office space.
- Files also stored on remote laptop stored at home address. Laptop is only accessible by password access.
- Emails stored on hard disk in office, on laptop home address and on iPhone.
- Clients business address and contact numbers stored for invoicing and communication purposes.
Authorised access to data
- Caroline Curran Design has access to all data/files
- Print suppliers are sent files usually in pdf format in relation to each project. They may hold on their systems for a period of time until no longer required. Each supplier will be given instruction at time of commission.
- Third party suppliers who support my services: Freelance Designers, Photographers, Web designers etc have source files transferred to them which are stored in accordance to their own data protection policies
Period of storage
- In general source files are kept indefinitely in two locations (hard disc and dropbox) to ensure clients have access to work commissioned if required
- If required archived files will be deleted on request from the client
Consent to hold data
- Caroline Curran Design handles data on the basis of legitimate interest
- Clients and suppliers have a permanent right to request that all of their data be erased at any time. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written requests for deletions and/or storage are printed as hard copy and filed in Data Protection admin folders.
Process to remove and destroy unnecessary data
- Archive files, when removed, are deleted from all stored areas; hard disc, back-up disc, laptop and cloud storage.
- Periodic reviews of files stored will be undertaken going forward